March 23, 2020
What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine is a service that MEDcare offers our patients. This allows a patient to have a virtual visit with a provider without physically going to one of our urgent care centers.
What are the benefits?
There are several benefits to telemedicine. The key benefit is that patients can seek care from the comfort of their home, without being exposed to additional illness or sharing their illness in public spaces.
Are telemedicine visits covered by insurance?
While we can’t guarantee that all insurance companies will accept telemedicine visit claims, we will file all telemedicine visits to insurance as normal. For those without insurance we will continue to offer our Affordable Self-Pay Bundles. For more information on Affordable Self-Pay Bundles click here.
What services are offered through telemedicine?
Our telemedicine program offers the same services as a normal urgent care visit. Illness, injury, prescription refills, etc. can all be done virtually. The majority of telemed visits do not require an in person follow up.
Who will I talk to during a telemedicine visit?
First you will speak with someone from our Patient Intake team. Then, you will speak with the provider (MD, Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner).
What if I still need to be seen in-office?
If the provider deems in-office care necessary, we will refer you to the closest of our urgent care centers. We will honor your telemedicine visit and your in-office visit as one single care appointment.
How do I book a telemedicine visit?
- Visit https://www.clockwisemd.com/hospitals/4118/visits/new
- SELECT Telemedicine for your reason for visit, CHOOSE the next check-in time, and COMPLETE the demographic fields (Note: Telemedicine will be the only choice in Reason for Visit)
- After you Save Your Spot, our Team will call the mobile phone number you provided to complete your registration and collect your payment
- With your mobile phone, TAKE a picture of your driver’s license and the front and back of your insurance card, and E-MAIL the photos to the e-mail address provided by our Team
- Our Team will call you using your preferred method when it is time to be seen for your Telemedicine Visit