While people have been avoiding each other due to the presence of COVID-19, nature continues to do what it does best: keep going. Unfortunately, the symptoms of allergies can be scarier than usual as fear of COVID-19 persists. Are your sniffles pollen related? Or are they the onset of something more dangerous? There are a few key differences that could help alleviate your anxiety in the interim between the onset of symptoms and a visit to a care provider for advice on how to get better.
- Symptoms present immediately and worsen during prolonged exposure to allergens but clear up or begin to lessen when it’s removed
- Usually affects only the sinus areas in terms of congestion and itchy eyes and itchy throat
- Improves with over-the-counter antihistamines
- Symptoms develops 2-14 days after virus
- Fever, cough, congestion and chills that do not change or improve when common allergens are removed
- Congestion and shortness of breath applies to more than the sinus passage areas and can be felt in the chest
The center in West Ashley is temporarily closed as associates from that center cover Telemedicine visits. For the rest of the MEDcare centers the hours are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm every day of the week! COVID-19 testing and antibody tests are available at all locations.
If you have an illness, injury, or other health concern, remember our associates are happy to help! To book a Telemedicine visit click here. If you need to be seen in center, you can save your spot in line here. We look forward to helping you Get Better. Faster!