With COVID-19’s impact on our communities, and the beginnings of flu season, it can seem scary to walk into a place where viruses seem to be waiting for you to find them, if they haven’t already. While it’s generally best to steer clear of healthcare settings if you do not need medical care, sometimes it is unavoidable- like when you need to get your flu shot or get a COVID-19 test for work clearance. Here are some precautions to keep in mind when visiting healthcare centers so that you can play your part and Own Your Health!
- Maintain social distancing.
- Wash your hands and use sanitizer: Clean hands go a long way in preventing infection.
- Respect rules: Wear a mask. If a hospital is not allowing children or the elderly to visit patients, respect the rules.
- Avoid touching your face and/or mask. Change out your mask if it is soiled or otherwise contaminated.
- Even if it’s not required, ask for a mask if you don’t have one. Droplets containing viruses can be invisible and spread through the air after someone coughs or sneezes.
- Sanitize personal items after you leave: Upon exiting the center, sanitize your hands, wipe down your phone, keys, and the contents of your wallet.
If you need a flu shot, or are unwell, our centers are here to help! Our urgent care centers are open every day of the week 8:00 am to 8:00 pm- No appointment necessary! We offer flu shots as well as flu and COVID-19 testing at all centers! To be seen by a provider, simply walk in, or save your spot online by clicking here. For information on E-registering to save time click here. We look forward to helping you Get Better. Faster!