Sometimes we stumble, bump into things, or find ourselves feeling less than our best without any given warning. Keeping a first aid kit handy and stocked can be a big help when we either need to care of ourselves or need to contain and sterilize something prior to seeking professional care. Here are a few tips from the CDC on things to keep in your first aid kit, and even more tips can be found through the link at the bottom of this page!
- Several sizes and styles of band-aids and sterile gauze wraps to wrap with adhesive tape
- hand sanitizer, alcohol pads, peroxide for sanitizing
- thermometer, tweezers, scissors, safety pins, splinting kit
- aspirin, antihistamines like Benadryl, burn numbing spray, ibuprofen or acetaminophen or naproxen for pain
- Individual care items: epi-pens, personal medical cards with allergies and list of medications/conditions
While we may not need it every day, it comes in handy to have a well packed first aid kit that’s easily accessible. But, if you do need further care, we are here for you! Our urgent care centers are open every day of the week 8:00 am to 8:00 pm- No appointment necessary! We offer COVID-19 vaccination at the Roswell and Sugar Hill centers. Click here for our page on vaccine facts and links to schedule your visit. Rapid Antigen and send-out PCR COVID-19 testing, as well as COVID-19 antibody testing is available, too! To be seen by a provider, simply walk in, or save your spot online by clicking here! For information on E-registration to save time click here. Telemedicine options are available here. We look forward to helping you Get Better. Faster!