Ways Spring Cleaning Contributes to a Healthier you
March 09, 2022
Spring cleaning is a tradition that allows us to freshen up our homes and get a head start on the often-hectic seasons of spring and summer. The idea of tackling every dust bunny, stubborn stain, and cluttered nook and cranny can feel overwhelming. What if spring cleaning could contribute to living a healthier lifestyle? Here are a few ways that spring cleaning can benefit you:
A clean house can help you breathe better by preventing respiratory issues and supporting a healthy immune system. Dust, mold, mildew, and pet dander can gather during the winter months, but you can freshen things up by doing the following:
- Dust the legs of furniture, frames and mirrors, lamps, baseboards, and windowsills that may be more out of reach during a normal cleaning.
- Vacuum rugs, floors, carpets, ceiling cobwebs, curtains to get rid of dust.
- Wash all bedding and blankets. Put pillows into the dryer for 10 minutes to kill dust mites.
Studies show that having a relaxing and clutter-free home has a positive effect on daily mood and the ability to focus.
- Get rid of things that no longer serve you. Sort through clothing, toiletries, and paperwork.
- Only keep essentials in your nightstand. This helps with quality sleep and relaxation.
Cleaning things you touch a lot can help kill viruses and bacteria.
- Use alcohol-based cleaners to clean areas like your cellphone, keyboard, and remotes.
- Deep clean your refrigerator, pantry, counters, and cupboards.
- Deep-clean the kitchen sink every day. It can have more bacteria than your toilets.
Three million emergency room visits a year are related to falls. Having a clear path around your home can reduce the risks.
- Clean clutter from pathways, hallways, and staircases.
- Tack cords to baseboards or reroute them along the wall to eliminate the risk of tripping on one.
- Repair or remove tripping hazards like loose baseboards, backpacks and shopping bags.
Our urgent care centers are open every day of the week 8:00 am to 8:00 pm- No appointment necessary! From 8am to 7pm we offer Rapid Antigen and send-out PCR COVID-19 testing, as well as COVID-19 antibody testing. To be seen by a provider, simply walk in, or save your spot online for visits by clicking here. For information on E-registering to save time click here. We look forward to helping you Get Better. Faster!