The holidays are often a magical time of the year where generations of a family tree prioritize togetherness. The CDC wants everyone to stay safe and keep others safe as the celebrations go on. The best defense against COVID-19 and Influenza are to be fully vaccinated and up to date on your flu shot. That being said, the CDC knows that not everyone is currently vaccinated and that that probably won’t change in time for the next few days of holiday celebrations. For that reason the CDC has come up with a few additional practical guidelines and tips for gathering with family or friends!
- Wear masks that cover your nose and mouth.
- Avoid crowds or poorly ventilated spaces. Consider a 6-foot social distance for anyone who doesn’t live with you. If possible, host your event outside and encourage use of masks and social distancing. If staying indoors, try to open windows to allow fresh air ventilation.
- Have a pre-emptive COVID-19 screening. Since not all people display symptoms, it can
- Limit attendees. As an example: Instead of one family hosting 30 people, consider breaking apart into smaller groups of 7-10. Use a video messaging tool, such as Zoom, to have virtual celebrations!
- Discourage singing or shouting, as those actions contribute to higher expression of droplets during breathing.
- Provide or suggest personal protective equipment such as sanitizers, masks, and storage bags for masks between eating/drinking.
- Treat pets as humans in terms of social distancing and sanitization. or limit interaction with other family members, friends, and animals outside of your household.
- Utilize single or no-touch items, like bottom step garbage cans, and paper cups/plates/pre-measured dressing cups.
- Clean up and launder items immediately after the gathering.
Our urgent care centers are open every day of the week 8:00 am to 8:00 pm- No appointment necessary! From 8am to 7pm we offer Rapid Antigen and send-out PCR COVID-19 testing, as well as COVID-19 antibody testing. To be seen by a provider, simply walk in, or save your spot online by clicking here. For information on E-registering to save time click here. We look forward to helping you Get Better. Faster!
MEDcare will be CLOSED on Christmas Day, but will be open Christmas Eve from 8am to 6pm and the day after Christmas regular hours 8:00 am to 8:00 pm.
MEDcare will be OPEN New Years Eve from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, and New Year’s Day from 9:00 am to 8:00pm.