Report a Patient Safety Event
Do you have a patient safety event or concern?
How do you file a concern?
- Online: Submit a new patient safety event or concern. | Submit an update to your incident. (You must have your incident number)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 630-792-5636
- Mail: Office of Quality and Patient Safety
The Joint Commission
One Renaissance Boulevard
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181
What information do you need to include?
- The name and address of the organization.
- Tell us about your concern in one or two pages.
- Give us your name, address or e-mail address if you would like follow-up information sent to you.
What happens to your incident?
- We check for other patient safety events about the organization.
- We may write to the organization about your concern.
- Sometimes, we visit the organization to see if there is a problem in meeting the requirements that deal with your concern.
- We will not share your name with the organization unless you say it is OK
What can you do about concerns that The Joint Commission cannot help with?
- You may want to talk to the organization about your concern.
- Your state’s department of health may be able to help.